Enjoy this delicious recipe over white rice and a glass of Cubanisimo Vineyards Pinot Gris!
Print Recipe Here
Course Cuisine Keyword
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
10 cloves garlic
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. hot red pepper flakes
1 c. sour orange juice
1/2 c. freshly squeezed lime juice
1/2 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 tsp. ground cumin optional
1/2 c. extra-virgin olive oil
11/2 to 2 lb. large to jumbo raw shrimp peeled and deveined Kosher or other coarse salt to taste
**serve over jasmine rice
- Mash garlic, pepper and oregano using a mortar and pestle until they form a chunky paste. Alternately, you can combine these ingredients by pulsing in a food processor.
- Whisk garlic mixture with next 6 ingredients (through olive oil).
- Set aside half the sauce. Add shrimp to the other half of the sauce and marinade in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Drain shrimp, reserving marinade.
- Heat 2 Tbs olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the shrimp and sprinkle with salt. Toss for 30 seconds
- Lower the heat to medium and cook shrimp, turning at least once until they are pink and cooked through.
- Remove the shrimp to a warm platter.
- Increase the heat to high add the reserved marinade and the other half of the sauce reserved earlier.
- Boil sauce until reduces by half and thickens.
- Pour it over the shrimp and serve.