*Makes 4 sandwiches
Cuban bread or French bread, but not a baguette
Dill pickles, sliced
1-pound roasted pork, sliced (May use roasted turkey if you don’t have pork) but, Cuban style is pork!
1-pound good ham
½ pound Swiss cheese, sliced (best to use a mild swiss)
- Preheat a panini press (or large sauté pan if you don’t have a press but you will need something heavy to press your sandwich down while cooking)
- Cut your bread in half
- Spread thin amount of mustard on each half of bread, then spread the outside with small amount of butter. (You can use spray butter also)
- Layer all the ingredients on bottom side of bread, pickles, roasted pork, ham, and cheese
- Top your layered side with other slice of bread
- Place your sandwich in the press and spread or spray a small amount of butter on top
- Close your lid and give it a good press, may even hold it down a bit!
- Grill for about 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted and your bread is a golden brown!
(Your sandwich should be pressed to about 1/3 is original size) so keep pressing it down!
TIP: Let your meat and cheese come to room temperature before starting so you don’t burn the bread before the cheese is melted!